Saturday 21 February 2015

Jon Stewart and Me


At the time, I was generally unfamiliar with the genre of late-night comedy because I am usually in dreamland when it airs.






Colbert was hilarious in his haughty imitation of the excesses of my Fox colleague Bill O’Reilly. I did not and do not know what his personal politics are, but his shtick was playing O’Reilly to a T. In fact, at one point during our back-and-forth, I inadvertently called him “Bill.” He stopped the act, came out of character and kissed me. Later he claimed it was one of the most novel and show-stopping uses of a single word he had experienced.






A few months later, my producer received a call from a producer for Colbert’s boss, Jon Stewart. That caller asked if I wanted to be on Jon’s show to discuss my latest book. That was five books and five appearances ago.





Source Article from http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/171322-2015-02-20-jon-stewart-and-me.htm?EdNo=001&From=RSS



No comments:

Post a Comment