Friday 27 February 2015

South Carolina Cops Breaking into Vehicles for Your Protection




Mount Pleasant PoliceMount Pleasant PoliceMount Pleasant Police*This video and blog post was submitted to CopBlock.org via the submission tab.*


Details of Incident:


February 4, 2015

PFC Rustin #1225, PFC Gillespie #1104, Sergeant Sean L. Hethington

Mount Pleasant Police: 100 Ann Edwards Ln., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464,

(843) 884-4176


When pulling out of my local Walmart Shopping center, I noticed two men dressed in non-conventional police uniforms walk form car to car and attempt to open doors. When I approached the men and asked them what they were doing, they said it was a safety check because of the high theft rates in the area. They then refused to speak with me any more and also refused to identify themselves. When I demanded proper ID, they began to run the plates on my truck.


I decided to not let this one slide and eventually demanded a supervisor on the scene. When they continued ignoring me, I found a place to park and film. About 10-15 minutes after I parked, one of the officers approached my vehicle and gave me his, and his partners, name and badge number and said a Sergeant would be on his way to speak with me. Getting nervous about the way these interactions can sometimes go, I immediately began to upload the first video to youtube and then decided that I would Ustream the encounter with the Sergeant in case they decided to get ahold of my phone and delete the footage.


- Nat (GuineaPirate)



 


Click for related Know Your Rights videos and content.Click for related Know Your Rights videos and content.Click for related Know Your Rights videos and content.

Click for related Know Your Rights videos and content.








Source Article from http://www.copblock.org/112865/cops-attempt-break-into-vehicles-protection/



No comments:

Post a Comment